Wednesday 10 June 2015

Animation Tests

In order to be able to rotoscope moving images I decided to start testing how I will be able to achieve this I need to rotoscope still images to be able to get used to being able to do this.
For this picture I used a cannon dslr. I put it into photoshop by locking the picture and putting 2 layers above, sketch and colour. By having the colour underneath the outline this means that it makes colouring easier so you can colour underneath the lines rather then having to try and colour around them. 
I then started to rotoscope moving images. I used a cannon dslr to film me smoking. I imported the video into photo shop and cut it to 3 frames. I drew over each frame and played them. This is the giff I ended up with....
I like this piece because you can see the change of colours within the face, hair and coat. Although it is not accurate I prefer this to if it was extremely precise . I have decided I want all my animation to be like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment